ROC the Day
Support WXXI's educational programs by participating in this one-day giving event.
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 you can ROC the Day with WXXI and help ensure a future for our education programs. ROC the Day is an epic, one-day giving event for participating non-profit organizations in the nine-county Greater Rochester region.
Choose. Give. Matter.
Just CHOOSE WXXI.
GIVE in support of a future that insures the continuation of quality educational programs and services that result in:
- Literacy development, school readiness and social development among pre-schoolers-school age children (through our Ready to Learn children's TV program block and online games);
- Training workshops for teachers, daycare providers and parents to improve children's educational outcomes
- Family events to promote learning, hands-on science and health
- Homework help for kids in grades 4-12 (through our weekday Homework Hotline TV series);
- A better understanding of news and current events for 4-8th graders (through Assignment: The World weekly TV series)
- A free, online video on-demand service for parents, teachers and students (through VITAL);
- Lifelong learning opportunities through Community Cinema, panel discussions, issue forums and online chats
- And, so much more.
MATTER to the children and families in our community that rely on WXXI to help support their work at school and home.
Learn more and sign up to stay informed about how your ROC the Day support helps WXXI's education services, and enter to win prizes visit: http://www.roctheday.org/WXXI