Collected reporting and links from WXXI's Center for Public Affairs about the Healthcare Reform issue.
- NPR's Health Care news section
Interviews, news, and commentary from NPR's correspondents regarding the state of health care, health insurance, new medical research, disease prevention, and drug treatments.
- Side-by-Side Comparison...
The Kaiser Family Foundation maintains an ongoing, side-by-side comparison of the leading health care reform proposals.
WXXI's Recommended Content
NPR Topics: Health Care
- Planned Parenthood Controversy Raises Questions About Fetal Tissue Research
- More Previously Uninsured Californians Got Coverage Under Obamacare
- 50 Years Ago, Medicare Helped To Desegregate Hospitals
- Health Insurers Face Little Enforcement Of Federal Mental Health Parity Law
- Progress For Bill To Bolster Medicare Patients' Hospital Rights
- Happy 50th Birthday, Medicare. Your Patients Are Getting Healthier
- Rehab Before Cancer Treatment Can Help Patients Bounce Back
Shows with Healthcare Reform Insights
Television - Ongoing Coverage
Television - Related Episodes
- POV: Critical Condition
- In the Life: Tax Paying Citizens
- Religion and Ethics Newsweekly: Religion and Healthcare Reform
More Health Programs from WXXI
Need to Know Special Edition: By the People (Health Care) - aired in October 2007
On October 20, 2007 more than 100 area citizens convened on the RIT campus to talk about health care access, affordability and quality with a panel of area experts.
- David Klein, President of Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Joseph Morelle, NYS Assemblyman and Chair of the Assembly’s Insurance Committee
- Tim Engstrom, RIT professor and editor of “Health Care Reform: Ethics and Politics"
- Fran Weisberg, Director of Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency
- Dr. Nancy Bennett, Director of Community Health at URMC
- Dr. Lisa Harris, local physician and panelist on the television program “Second Opinion”
- Stuart Putnam, Executive VP of Unity Health Systems
- Sandra Parker, CEO of Rochester Business Alliance